KillaCycle® is the quickest and most powerful electric motorcycle in the world.
It is quicker and faster than ANY other electric-powered vehicle on the drag strip. (This includes dragsters, etc.)
It has over 500 hp and accelerates 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in less than a second!
The secret of KillaCycle®? – The batteries!
The powerful A123 Systems nano-phosphate™ battery cells are what makes the KillaCycle® go as fast as it does! The same battery cells are found in DeWalt cordless hand tools.
• is the quickest and most powerful electric motorcycle in the world.
• has since 1999 continuously set and broken its own world records.
• has made the fastest (mph) and quickest (ET) ¼ mile pass ever made by any electric vehicle of any kind (7.824 s @ 168 mph, Pomona, November 2007). No other electric vehicle of any kind, past or present, has ever gone this fast or this quick in the ¼ mile.
• has been the world’s fastest (mph) electric powered vehicle of any kind (mph) in ¼ mile drag racing since August 2000
• was the first electric vehicle to break the 8 seconds barrier in drag racing (November 2007)
• was the first electric powered vehicle of any kind to go over 150 mph in a ¼ mile (August 2000).
KillaCycle® is the result of years of effort on the part of Bill Dubé, his sponsors and team members.
0-60 mph (0-96 km/h): 0.97 seconds
Acceleration: 2.89 G (almost 3 times free fall)
Best Top Speed in ¼ mile: 174.05 MPH
Lowest ¼ mile Elapsed Time (ET): 7.82 seconds @ 168 mph
Power: over 500 hp
Battery: 1210 lithium iron nano-phosphate™ cells from
Battery weight: 200 lbs (90 kg)
Battery voltage: 374 Volts
Battery capacity: 9.1 kWh
High-current cell interconnect tabs welded with Miyachi-Unitek equipment
Motors: Two DC series motors @ 87 lbs (40 kg) each.
Bearings: All of the bearings are supplied by NSK. The highest quality bearings are a must in drag racing!
Controller: Cafe Electric Zilla2k-HV
Drive: direct chain drive on the rear wheel.
Total weight of the bike: 653 lbs (296 kg).
Electricity consumption: 0.6 kWh, worth $0.07 for each run
down the strip including the burn out. It corresponds
to 2 ounces (70 ml) of gasoline.
Charger: Manzanita Micro PFC-50, 12kW power-factor corrected, multi-voltage input
Tires: M&H Racemaster 10.0/27.0 – 15 MHR-68
Printed Circuit Boards: Advanced Circuits (Please type “KillaCycle” in refferal box or comments if you order PCBs!)
Including burn-outs, the KillaCycle could make 7 or more runs on one charge. Recharges each single run in less than 4 minutes.
KillaCycle® is silent aside from the chain and some tire noise.
Owner: Bill Dubé – email@example.com
Driver: Scotty Pollacheck
If you think about it, the KillaCycle® is just a giant cordless drill with wheels!
Bill Dube – firstname.lastname@example.org
Left to Right
Steve Ciciora, BMS Design, Electronics
Derek Barger, Electronics, CNC fabrication
Scotty Pollacheck, Rider, Tires, suspension set-up
Bill Dube’, Owner, Lead Engineer
Jonah Myerberg, Battery expert
Scot Colburn, Electronics
(not pictured) Susan Lefebire, Videographer
Eva Hakansson, Crew Chief, PR (photo below)
Eva Hakansson, Crew Chief, PR
More photos at: http://www.killacycle.com/photos/teamphotos/
Bill Dube’ – Owner, Lead Engineer